-->

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

✧・゚: * {FIRST IMPRESSION} NEW Wet n Wild Cruelty Free Makeup Brushes Review * : ・゚✧



 ~ Quick First Impression / Review~ 

Hello all! Nancy here! I'm back on summer vacation after my first year of college!
After leaving this blog to collect dust for a year, I feel like it's time to start posting again!
So here's a quick first impression on a recent purchase of mines from Wet n Wild - their new cruelty free makeup brushes (or at least a handful of them). I've been looking for these at every Walmart and Target in my area but haven't been able to find any until I walked into Fred Meyers and.. there they were! A whole section of them!

~ PACKAGING & PRICE ~


Packaging is pretty straightforward. Each brush individually packaged in plastic baggies similar to how e.l.f. packages their brushes. Nothing so special.
Pricing is very affordable! Everything ranges from $0.99 to $2.99! It's even cheaper than some e.l.f. brushes and everyone knows e.l.f. is one of the most affordable brands at the drugstore!

Price rating:      ! 

~ BRUSHES ~


As you can see each brush is dip dyed with a cute pastel pink on white synthetic hairs. The Wet n Wild website describes these hairs as "two-toned synthetic Polymax fibers that mimics the consistency of natural hairs". Fancy words! 
 The handles are hollow and are made from plastic and are an "ergonomic handle for total control", which I presume they're referring to the little divot on each brush. My fingers seem to fall nicely into each divot, but to be honest, I don't think they're absolutely necessary or that they make such a huge difference when compared to just regular handles. 

I will be talking about the individual brushes in depth from left to right!

 The first brush I'm going to be talking about is their crease brush ($0.99). It is very fluffy and would work very well to blend eyeshadow. I haven't actually used it for makeup yet (actually any of these brushes yet) since I haven't been wearing makeup these past few days, but I have brushed this against my skin and my eyelid and it is very soft and doesn't itch at all. I will post an update once I do use it to blend in my eyeshadow, but so far so good! I like it! 

 The second brush I'm going to talk about is their large eyeshadow brush ($0.99).  I've had this brush a little longer than the others so I've been able to test it out. It blends my eyeshadows nicely and it's also very very soft and gently on the delicate skin around the eyelid.  I like it! 

 The third brush I have is their small stipple brush ($2.99). One thing I noticed is that the handle of this brush is an off-white compared to the other brushes. Not that it matters, but it was just a little something I noticed.
I recently purchased e.l.f.'s small stipple brush as well so I was planning to do a quick comparison of the two once I've gotten around to using both brushes. So far based on just bouncing it on my skin, I think it would do a nice job applying cream blushes and highlighters.  I like it!  


 The fourth brush is their blush brush ($2.99). I was in need of a new blush brush since the one I've been using is from Avon a few years ago. Not sure what kind of hairs it was made of but it was quite itchy on the skin so I wanted a new brush ASAP!  And what better option is there than a cute, affordable, pink and white brush?? Like the other brushes, I haven't had a chance to see how well it picks up and applies blush, but the hairs are very soft and don't irritate my skin. I like it!  


 The last brush I have to talk about is the flat top brush ($2.99). This is the first flat top brush that I've owned in my little collection of brushes. I mostly purchased it for the cute aesthetic aspect. 
The hairs are very soft just like the others. However, I do feel like the hairs are not as dense as I'd like them to be. I'll have to put this brush to the test before I can make any statements whether or not this brush will work well with foundation or not. I've tried it on the back of my hand and it seemed to work perfectly fine, but of course the skin on my hand and the skin on my face is very different. But so far, like the other brushes in this collection...   I like it!  



Brushes overall rating:      ! 

~  OVERALL CONCLUSION ~

 Pros 
 Very affordable
 Very cute aesthetics 
 Very soft 
 Vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free!!
 No shedding when washing
 Dries relatively quick!

 Cons 
 Some of the brushes are a littttttle tinyyyy bit not as dense as I would like.


Although I haven't gone around to thoroughly test out these brushes (update coming soon!) I'm really loving these brushes! 

Overall rating:      ! !



~  UPDATE ~
 I've recently just put the brushes to the test. I am sort of, kind of in love with these cute tools!
The crease brush can be a bit flimsy to work with but once you get the hang of it, it blends eyeshadow very effortlessly! 
The large eyeshadow brush works well to apply the color and can double as a blending brush too since the hairs are so soft. 
The stipple brush required a bit of effort to initially pick up my cream colourpop blush but once it was on, it applied very nicely! 
The blush brush wasn't as dense as i liked and was sort of flimsy like the crease brush but somehow it worked to apply my powder blush in a very natural way. My older AVON brush was denser so it picked up more product in one go but it was very itchy and scratchy against the skin.
So I prefer this Wet n Wild blush brush over my AVON brush. 
The flat top brush worked lovely at applying liquid foundation. I put the product on the back of my hand and used the brush to "pat" the product on my face. It gave a very natural finish. 

Also another thing I noticed! The brushes don't shed when I washed them for the first time and they dry pretty quick! Within a few hours they should be nice and dry, which is pretty fast compared to other brushes I own. 

(Updated) overall rating:      ! !
 (still hehe) 

 ~  ~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment